Project DetailsA major cardboard manufacturer was having trouble with the hydraulic system on his pre-feeder machine. He called in Armstrong Lyon to trouble-shoot his problems.
The following work was done..
- Armstrong Lyon were called in to trouble-shoot the problem with the hydraulic system.
- We sent out a qualified site engineer.
- Extensive tests were carried out by a site engineer.
- Tests showed that the pump was failing and needs replacing.
- Due to production requirements the customer could not release this unit.
- An identical redundant hydraulic power unit was provided for us to modify.
- We identified and sourced an alternative pump to the same specifications as the original, as the original pump was on a long delivery.
- The power unit was brought back to Armstrong Lyon workshop and stripped and thoroughly cleaned.
- The new hydraulic pump was mounted onto the tank and piped up.
- The power unit was thoroughly tested and passed.