Project DetailsAs a main distributor for Enerpac, Armstrong Lyon Hydraulics can offer joint projects with Enerpac on their Lifting-Load Positioning Systems.
- The project involved the transportation of the new Airbus A380 Wing sections from the Airbus factory.
- The transportation was from Broughton Chester by the River Dee, (an environmentally sensitive area) to Mostyn prior to heavy transportation to Toulouse – France for assembly to the aircrafts fuselage.
- The PLC Synclift Control System was used
- The Enerpac PLC synchronous lift system is used to lift the wing assembly and pallet from a special purpose vehicle driven on to the ship for transport.
- Once the vehicle has been driven off on to the deck our system lowers to deck position and is mechanically fixed for transportation.
- The problem of an uneven load was a critical factor.
- High levels of synchronicity were needed to balance the load successfully.
- Synchronised Lifting Points were established.
- Coordinated loading of wing was managed.
- The lowering of the wing was controlled by the lift system.